Mission of Academic Affairs – Central Offices
Academic Affairs Central Offices provide leadership and support to faculty, staff, and students in the pursuit of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and scholarly activity. The Central Offices fulfill this mission by:
- providing services to support students in reaching their academic goals,
- facilitating the professional development of faculty in all phases of their careers as teacher-scholars,
- building and enhancing an international perspective,
- advancing a culture of civic engagement,
- assisting faculty and staff in obtaining external support for their professional activities,
- facilitating program innovation, assessment, and review,
- providing data and analytic support to guide planning and decision-making,
- administering financial, physical, and technological resources, and working on matters of shared governance with the Academic Senate and other constituencies.
University Mission and Vision
Cal Poly Pomona's mission is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership and careers in a changing multicultural world.